Update from the East Lubbock Community Alliance:
Our private showing of Selma scheduled for this Saturday morning September 17 at 9:30 am at the Cinemark 16 behind Best Buy is a complete sell out. We are excited if you have chosen to attend this showing with us.
If you reserved your tickets and for any reason you will not be using one or more of your them, please text 535-7673.
Just to make things go as smoothly as possible let me give you some tips:
1. First, you need to follow the instructions in your confirmation email to print your tickets. You must bring these with you to the performance.
2. There will be 300 people coming through the door so you should plan to arrive early especially if you are buying snacks. I would say absolutely no later than 9 am. The actual film will start at 9:30.
3. In the lobby you will see a person(s) with an East Lubbock Community Alliance sign. Approach this person and show your tickets and they will give you a Movie 16 ticket to get you through the lobby and back to the theaters.
4. At the theater door there will be a line. You will provide your emailed ticket which will be scanned in to an ipad to verify and allow your entrance into theater 10.
5. There will be a person at the door taking donations (recommended $5 per person). Donations are not mandatory but will go to pay for the theater and film operator’s salary.
6. You may sit anywhere you want but try not to leave empty seats, remembering that we will be filling all of them.
7. After the 2 hour showing, we will stay in the theater approximately 30 minutes to hear people’s perceptions and especially those of the teenagers (we are expectiing over 100).
8. There will be forms available for those of you who want to join the East Lubbock Community Alliance. There is no fee. There will be a form for the teenagers to join a new part of the Alliance for people under 18 who want to be the change.
9. Before and after the movie we will be photographing people for our Facebook and webpage. If you don’t want us to just say so.
The East Lubbock Community Alliance in collaboration with Starcare Specialty Health Systems, the 100 Black Men of West Texas and other community partners invite you to join us on Saturday January 17th, at 9:30 am to watch the movie SELMA and afterwards participate in an open discussion on how this film can inspire us all to help build a better community.
Admission to the film will be free but donations are strongly encouraged.
This film is rated PG-13.